Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- current union member, or the child/dependent of a union member, that is affiliated to the CLC;
- age 30 or under as of September 1, 2017;
- enrolled for September 2017 to enter their first year of full-time study at a Canadian public post-secondary institution: university program (leading to a degree) or college program (leading to a diploma or certificate);
- does not have any prior post-secondary studies; and
- currently enrolled or not more than two years out of secondary school.
Applicants will be required to submit:
- a personal information application;
- a brief resume outlining non-academic interests and activities as well as goals for the future;
- proof of acceptance/statement of intention to study at a Canadian, public post-secondary education institute; and
- an essay that demonstrates labour/community involvement on the topic outlined in the application form.
The deadline for receipt of applications is August 9, 2017. This year’s winner will be announced on September 1, 2017.