The university is currently working to implement the changes reflected within the new collective agreement. Employees who were active members of CUPE 1975 at the date of signing (June 28, 2019) will receive a lump sum payment and are eligible for increased vacation days depending on their years of service.
- New vacation accrual changed effective July 1, 2019.
- Employees with 14 years of service are now accruing 25 vacation days, and those with 22 years of service are accruing 30 vacation days.
- The new accrual rates implemented in July were updated as of your July 31, 2019 vacation balance.
- If any additional accrual is owed it will be added to your August 31 balance.
- The signing bonus will be paid on August 30.
- Employees active as of June 28 will receive payment.
- The $4,000 bonus will be prorated according to FTE as per the Collective Agreement.
- Employees on a leave will receive payment when they return to work.
- Employees who have terminated or transferred after June 28 will receive payment through direct deposit or by cheque if their direct deposit has been inactivated.
More information related to pension changes, new salaries and retro pay will be shared as dates are finalized. These future updates will be available on the Labour Updates page, please continue to check it regularly.
If you have any additional questions regarding implementation, please contact email@example.com.